- Catherine Blakemore (Sacramento)
- Recently Admitted: Lolita Fernandes (San Francisco)
- Limited Active Practice: Stephen M. Kociol (Watsonville)
- Individual from Corporate Practice: Joel B. Silver (Foster City)
- Individual from Government Practice: Helen Geoffroy (Sacramento)
- Individual from Law Firm: Teodora Manolova (Los Angeles)
- Individual from Law Firm: Jack D. Ross (San Bernardino)
- Law Firm Team: Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP Team (Palo Alto)
- Law Firm Branch Office: Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP Orange County Office (Costa Mesa)
- Distinguished Pro Bono Service: Korean American Bar Association of Southern California (Los Angeles)
- Elizabeth Balassone (San Francisco)
Overview of the Awards
The State Bar of California annually honors members of the legal community who have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to the profession.
|President's Pro Bono Service Awards
||Recognizes California attorneys who provided or enabled the direct provision of legal services to poor persons or to organizations whose primary purpose is to provide legal services to the poor, free of charge, without expectation of compensation from the client. A nominee may be a lawyer, law firm, team of lawyers, association of lawyers, law school or law student.
|Loren Miller Legal Services Award
||Honors an attorney who has demonstrated long-term commitment to legal services and who has personally engaged in significant work extending legal services to the poor.
|Bernard E. Witkin Medal
||Recognizes attorneys and non-attorneys who, through a career of extraordinary service, have made significant contributions to the quality of justice and legal scholarship in California.
|Jack Berman Award of Achievement
||Honors a young lawyer (first five years of active State Bar membership or age 36 and under) who has provided outstanding service to the legal profession and public, as well as dedication to issues of concern to new and young lawyers.
||Recognizes outstanding efforts made by a bar association, law firm and an individual attorney in promoting diversity in the legal profession.
||Honors a California trial judge or appellate court justice for his or her outstanding efforts to improve access to our judicial system for low- and moderate-income persons.
|Education Pipeline Award
||Recognizes outstanding efforts of law-related educational programs that train and support students to become interested in the judicial system and careers in the law.
|Harry B. Sondheim Professional Responsibility Award
||Recognizes a member's outstanding long-term contribution to the advancement of attorney professional standards in California.