Instructions on how to update your IOLTA account information through your State Bar profile:
- Log into My State Bar Profile at www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/MyStateBarProfile.aspx.
- Click on Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts (IOLTA). Your current IOLTA account information with the State Bar of California is displayed in this section.
- To confirm or make changes in your IOLTA account, click on Report my IOLTA account status. Detailed information about your IOLTA account is listed in your IOLTA Record.
- Click confirm for each account that is currently open. Click remove if the account shown is closed, or you are no longer associated with the firm whose account appears in your record. Click add to report a new account or account that is not listed in your IOLTA Record. NOTE: YOU ONLY NEED TO REPORT AN ATTORNEY CLIENT TRUST ACCOUNT CODED WITH THE CALIFORNIA STATE BAR’S TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. NO NEED TO REPORT AN OUT-OF-STATE ACCOUNT. When you finish your update, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you have updated and confirmed that all the information in your IOLTA Record is correct, click Return to My State Bar Profile to exit.
- To ensure compliance with the State Bar Rule 2.114, it is important to keep this information up-to-date.
- If you have questions on updating your IOLTA account online, contact the Legal Services Trust Fund Program at 415-538-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an alternative, you may fill out the IOLTA Update Form and send it to the State Bar of California, Legal Services Trust Fund Program, 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105. Or fax it to (415) 538-2389.
Update Form (pdf version)
Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Accounts (IOLTA) Update Form
The State Bar of California
Legal Services Trust Fund Program
Trust Account Information Report
If you have recently changed your employment or established a new IOLTA account, please complete this page. You may mail it to the Legal Services Trust Fund Program, The State Bar of California, 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, California 94105-1617, or fax to (415) 538-2389.
FULL NAME:____________________________ MEMBER NUMBER: ________________
If you have questions about this program, you may call the Legal Services Trust Fund Program at (415) 538-2227 or email to email@example.com.