State Bar of California Annual Meeting
The State Bar of California 87th Annual Meeting
September 11-14, 2014
San Diego, California
Early-bird Pre-Registration Deadline (Save $100): August 13
"My Annual Meeting"
The State Bar of California returns to San Diego for the 2014 Annual Meeting. The new meeting logo “My Annual Meeting” simply states that this is your annual meeting: an event for legal professionals that blends business, education, entertainment and the opportunity to meet and engage with law professionals from throughout California.
The four-day meeting will showcase an education agenda consisting of 143 MCLE seminars covering a variety of substantive topics, legal technology, access to justice, UPL, attorney advertising, and other key areas of interest.
The Annual Meeting provides services to meet the membership’s professional development, business and personal needs, and offers low-cost programs and materials by which members may meet their continuing education requirements.
How to Navigate the Online Preview
- Be sure to see Special Events for information about luncheons, social events, the California Women Lawyers Annual Dinner, Annual Exhibit Show, 62st Annual Bench & Bar Art Exhibit, Conference of California Bar Associations (CCBA), and Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
- See Hotel and Travel for information about the Annual Meeting hotels and rental car discounts.
- See the schedules for individual days for a chronological list of all programs, with descriptions: Schedule for Thursday, Schedule for Friday, Schedule for Saturday, Schedule for Sunday.
- See Partners - Sponsoring Groups for a list of all programs by sponsoring group.
- See MCLE Subfields for a list of all programs offering special credit and information about the requirements.
- See Printable Preview for a printable version of the Preview, containing the same information found on this website.
Annual Meeting Locations
The State Bar Annual Meeting education programs, meetings, functions and events will be held in the Grand Hyatt San Diego. Refer to the Printed Program for room locations. Annual Meeting Registration will be located in the Harbor Foyer (2nd Floor). For more information, see Travel and Hotel.
Pre-Registration and online registration are now closed, but onsite registration will be available. You can speed up the process by printing out and completing the Registration Form prior to arrival.
Registration will be in the Grand Hyatt San Diego, Harbor Ballroom Foyer (2nd floor), beginning at 9 a.m. on Thursday, September 11 and continuing during registration hours below.
- Thurs.: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fri.:: 7 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Sat.: 7:30 a.m. -
- Sun.: 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Please note that some courses and special ticketed events may already be sold out.
Registration and/or ticket refund requests must be received (not postmarked) in writing by the State Bar of California no later than August 21, 2014 and are subject to a $50 service charge.
Registration Questions/Special Assistance
For information or special assistance call 415-538-2210 or email AnnualMeeting@calbar.ca.gov.
Tickets to Annual Meeting Luncheons and Special Events
- The State Bar Luncheons, President’s Reception, and CWL Dinner are ticketed events, and the fee to attend is not included in your registration fee.
- The State Bar General Session is a ticketed event, but is complimentary.
- State Bar Annual Meeting registration is required to purchase an event ticket or to reserve a seat at the General Session.
Refer to Special and Ticketed Events for details. Purchase tickets in advance or RSVP for the complimentary event(s) during the online registration process or on the Pre-Registration & Ticket Fee Form. Reserve early, as these events may sell out. Refunds and exchanges may not be available. Event speaker substitutions may occur.
Pre-registration includes complimentary membership to a State Bar Section (up to $95 value) valid August 2 through December 31, 2014. Select the Section of your choice during online registration or on the Pre Registration and Ticket Fee Form. For information about the State Bar Sections,
|OPTION A. FULL REGISTRATION PASS
||Through Aug. 13
||Aug.14-21 & Onsite
|Attorneys licensed before 9/1/09
|Attorneys licensed on or after 9/1/09
|Other (non-attorney Bar association staff / paralegal legal secretary / office administrator
/ law student)
|OPTION B. 2-DAY REGISTRATION PASS
Education Courses/Activities on Select Days
No other 2-day pass options are available.
|Through Aug. 13
||Aug.14-21 & Onsite
|Thursday/Friday Only Pass
|Saturday/Sunday Only Pass
Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) The State Bar of California and the Office of Section Education and Meeting Services are State Bar of California MCLE approved providers. Programs at the Annual Meeting give continuing legal education credit in all required areas, and most areas of legal specialization. Courses in MCLE subfields are subject to change.
See MCLE Subfields for a complete list of the programs that offer MCLE credit in the required subfields.
Education program materials are provided to all attendees in electronic format only. Registrants will receive a USB storage device containing a file for each program at onsite registration. Education program materials also will be available online before the Annual Meeting. A link to the Annual Meeting education program materials webpage will be emailed to all preregistrants before the meeting.